Review: Adorable Planet/Rocket/Parachute Embroidered Tee

I'm not a huge fan of basics like striped t-shirts, but I do love a cute tee. And this is the cutest cute tee of all the cute tees.



I bought this for about $8 (USD) from here, which is cheaper than any current versions I can find. Searching "parachute stripe" under Woman's T-Shirts seems to be the best way to find it on AliExpress.

Mine's a size Large, which is about a size 10 UK. That is, of course, not remotely Large, but that's AliExpress for you. It has a tight fit and is actually pretty flattering, though it's just a lil' bit short. Best worn with high-waisted bottoms, unless you like showing off that awkward bit of stomach just below your belly button.


I'm so in love with the little embroidered balloons, parachutes, hearts, planets and rockets! They're subtle enough that you can wear the tee with basically anything, but add some whimsy to an otherwise plain outfit. It's a really good design, I'd be surprised if it wasn't ripped off some fancy label. I can't find evidence of an 'original', so I'll have to give credit to an anonymous wholesaling company.

Much as I love this top, there is, however, a flaw. The neck ribbing is a bit loose, so it sticks out and doesn't sit nice and flat. It was much worse before I sewed it in at the shoulders, but I didn't quite manage to fix it completely. As with the dupe leggings we reviewed earlier, I do recommend this t-shirt, but only if you don't mind doing a bit of tweaking. It's a pretty simple fix, really.

That damned collar ribbing!

I got the Black version, but it also comes in Green and Blue. I ummed-and-ahhed for a while before choosing a colour, because they're all so cool!

Blue & White
Green & White
Seriously, I want 'em all. I wish they were still available for under $10! The cheapest I could find was $13 (USD), which is still very reasonable, I suppose.

Ratings
Product Quality: 4/5
Accuracy of Description: 3/5 (The photos are a bit misleading, the fit and the neck are quite different.)
Similarity to Original: N/A


Contributor: Kate, @Springerfield


0 comments :

Thank you for reading! What do you think?